£549 per person Single Supplement from £30
Included in the holiday:
- ‘Door to Door’ service
- Ferry tickets
- Accommodation on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis
- Coach excursions with included admissions as listed in tour itinerary
The seaside town of Blackpool was first lit up with “artificial sunshine” in 1879, a year before Thomas Edison invented the lightbulb. Since then, the Blackpool Illuminations have become a well-loved and celebrated attraction across the UK, drawing visitors from all around to see the “greatest free light show on earth”. Six miles long and comprised of over 10 million bulbs, the spectacular display shines each year, from August/September until November.
The modern, 3 star Carousel Hotel is located on the Blackpool South Promenade and provides stunning sea views within walking distance of Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
The modern bedrooms are equipped with TV, hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities.
The Café Bar is the perfect place to eat, drink and relax.
This friendly hotel also features a large dance floor, a film/games room and regular live entertainment.
There are 3 small steps to the front door, there is a ramp for the less able.
Monday 30th September 2019
After your ‘Door to Door’ collection from home we depart on the morning sailing to Heysham. To break the journey to Blackpool we shall make a stop at the Barton Grange Garden Centre, an opportunity to stretch your legs and have afternoon tea. The Carousel Hotel is our base for four nights.
Tuesday 1st to Thursday 3rd October 2019
Excursions and free time will be taken as listed in the tour itinerary.
Friday 4th October 2019
This morning we make the short journey to Heysham for the afternoon sailing to the Island. On arrival in Douglas, our ‘Door to Door’ service completes your journey, right to your own front door.
• Illuminated Private Tram Trip – An illuminated tram has been chartered. You will be taken on a magical journey through Blackpool’s famous spectacle. Every kind of light display including lasers, neon lights, floodlights and searchlights can be viewed from the comfort of our private themed tram.
• Lightworks Heritage Tour – A tour of Lightworks, the warehouse workshop home of the famous Blackpool Illuminations, will reveal over 20,000 objects that are part of the Illuminations Collection. From the 1920s to the present day, including photographs, diagrams and original artwork showing the evolution of the beloved “lights”. You will discover how they are made from initial design to final construction.
• Fleetwood Market – a morning visit to the traditional market with more than 150 indoor and outdoor stalls. Returning to Blackpool there is free time in the afternoon for more exploring.
• Guided Tour of Fylde Coast & Lytham St Annes – We are joined today by a local tour guide who will show us all the area has to offer. Including a visit to Lytham St Annes, home to a lovely promenade, sandy beach, beautiful gardens, old half-timbered buildings, quaint shops and the famous Lytham Green and Windmill.
We sometimes make changes to journeys and excursion in response to adverse weather conditions, road repairs, road congestion and other local factors. In these circumstances the driver/company will exercise discretion reasonably having all due consideration to the relevant factors and as a result there may be changes to the planned journey.