£625 per person Single Supplement from £80
Included in the holiday:
- ‘Door to Door’ service
- Ferry tickets
- Accommodation on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis
- Coach excursions with included admissions as listed in tour itinerary
Best Western Plus Hotel, Samlesbury
- 4 Star Hotel – Located in a semi-rural spot, close to the M6, the hotel is well located for touring the Lancashire Hills.
- Following a complete refurbishment in 2014, the hotel is modern, with an open plan bar/lounge/restaurant area.
- Flat entrance leads into a modern reception area and there are 5 steps up to the open plan bar/restaurant/lounge. There is ramped access from the bedroom area.
- Guest bedrooms are to the rear of the hotel with windows that all face fields or open space and away from the road.
- There is a lift and a small gym.
- Half board. Table d’hote or carvery dinner menu comprising 3 courses with a minimum of 3 choices per course plus tea/coffee, full English breakfast.
Sunday 5th May 2019
After our ‘Door to Door’ pick up from your home we take the morning sailing to Heysham. On arrival we travel to Barton Grange for a Horse Drawn Barge Trip on the Lancaster Canal. Afternoon tea is included. Afterwards, we travel the short distance to our holiday hotel.
Monday 6th to Wednesday 8th May 2019
3 full day excursions escorted with a local guide will be taken as listed in the tour itinerary.
Thursday 9th May 2019
This morning we make the journey to Heysham for the afternoon sailing to the Island. On arrival in Douglas, our ‘Door to Door’ service completes your journey, right to your own front door.
All the full day excursions will be escorted by a local guide
Full Day Excursion – with a tour of the Ribble Valley (Ales & Ghost Tour) to include, time allowing, stops at no less than 6 Inns! Hear stories of textile rioting and ghostly sightings in Clitheroe and unsolved murders in Bashall Eaves. See the law courts upstairs in the famous 1693 Hark to Bounty Inn before an included lunch (soup, sandwich, glass of ale & tea/coffee) at the Calf’s Head, Worston. Visit the Sun Inn at Chipping; Lancashire’s most haunted public house, before stopping in Whalley en-route back to the hotel.
Full Day Excursion – which explores ‘Pendle Witches’ country. Learn about the local women who were branded as witches and put on trial in the 15th century. Afterwards, visit Rufford Old Hall.
Full Day Excursion – Single journey on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway Oxenhope to Keighley then on to tour the Yorkshire Dales.
We sometimes make changes to journeys and excursion in response to adverse weather conditions, road repairs, road congestion and other local factors. In these circumstances the driver/company will exercise discretion reasonably having all due consideration to the relevant factors and as a result there may be changes to the planned journey.